EnergyRM serves the energy efficiency sector, providing:
- Energy efficiency metering services
- Associated project and program development services,
- Software-based analytics, and
- Financing support services.
Our metering capability and our new transactions structure are powerful tools for the energy efficiency market that:
- Serve utilities and allow them to make money investing in and/or acquiring energy efficiency to greater ratepayer benefit.
- Facilitate the investment of long-term capital at scale, using the utility as a highly credit worthy counterparty.
- Make retrofits of greater depth in commercial buildings more cost-effective and align all parties behind those deep savings. This can result in reductions in energy use of 50% or more.
- Allow building owners to preserve their own capital, protect mortgage holder interests, avoid the split incentive issue, and earn income.
Our approach is replicable at scale and is designed to be attractive to utility regulators, utility management, and ratepayers.
We are pursuing several pilot projects to demonstrate a new transaction structure using the technology.
First Project Announced
The announcement of the first project can be found here
More information on our Utility Engagement Process can be found here.